Saturday, February 14, 2015

Amian!! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
 ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Happy National Amian Day Valentine's Day everyone!!! I thought that today would be perfect to discuss Amian! If you've ever read my blog, then you know that Amian is my absolute FAVORITE ship of all time. I'm just a teeeeeeeeeeeeeeensy bit obsessed with it, I have been ever since I started reading these books who-knows how long ago. I just can't help it. You know when you see that certain couple, and you're just obsessed from the start? That's how I was with Amian. Even in the first book, I don't know why, but I just loved Ian's character, and this was back when he was 100% jerk. I really don't know why, I just latched onto it, and it's become an obsession ever since haha. ;)

So, let's see. Where do I even begin with this? Settle into a comfy chair with some cookies or something (or as Ian would call them, biscuits. He would also suggest tea.), because this is going to be a bit of a long post. I could talk for hours on this, just ask my family! For your sakes though, I'm going to try not to ramble for too long. I promise! So, I suppose we should start at the beginning. Series one, the clue hunt.

Gosh, that feels like so long ago! Yet at the same way, I remember so vividly reading each one of these books. The Sword Thief was such an amazing book, and that's where Amian began, so let's start there. Ahhhhh. Fangirl moment. Even though Ian was manipulating Amy to get ahead, it really was obvious from the beginning that he cared about her, he wasn't faking. I mean, look at this paragraph right here.

How can you read that paragraph and NOT realize that he genuinely cared for her? I mean, this is IAN KABRA, guys. This guy grew up the richest of rich, and he is fully aware of his status. He thinks that he's better than anyone else. But then he doesn't even think of himself at all, and saves this girl, this girl that he's supposedly manipulating. You can't tell me that he didn't care about her. And then THIS happens..
LOVELY!!!!!!
This is me. THIS. IS. ME. If you ask me, this is one of the cutest moments EVER. Lovely has been my favorite word ever since. Half of the time I have it written on the inside of my finger or wrist. I just love it. It was honestly so sweet. "She was...lovely."

THAT, my friends, is the moment that I converted to a full-on Amian. And after that, when he betrayed them, which he HAD to do, you could see that he didn't really want to do it anymore. He cared about this girl, and he had to leave her in a cave in, or his mother would probably kill him for disloyalty.

But after that, even though he was still an arrogant jerk, I feel like you could see him changing. Slowly but surely, he changed. It was so..tiny..but it was still there. He wasn't 100% wanting to follow his mother's orders anymore. And then, on Mount Everest, when Amy saved him, something clicked. This girl, who he had always treated horribly, who he had almost killed on multiple occasions, and whose parents were killed by HIS mother, sacrificed the serum to save him. And I think he realized, maybe there was something more to life than just winning.

That's one of the things I really like about Amian. Amy gave Ian something to strive for, to become better. Once Cara came into the picture, I feel like all of that went out the window. If you read the excerpts from Doublecross that I posted, Ian is pretty much back to his old self. I really hate that, because unless Amian comes back in this last series, I think that all of his character development, which is pretty much why I love Ian, will all be gone.

So then, we Series One comes to an end. Ian stands up to his mother, which I honestly don't think he would have done before Amy, and Amy becomes the leader of the Madrigals. They don't see each other for a while, and then there's Crushed, the Rapid Fire eBook. Oh my goodness. That broke my heart. Ian ACTUALLY LIKED Amy. There was no maybe about it. He was practicing in front of a mirror, for heaven's sake!! And then Isabel just HAD to come back and ruin everything. -_- Thanks a lot, Isabel. YOU KILLED MY OTP!!! So after that *lovely* book, Evamy became a thing. Ugh.

The next time we see Amian development is in Medusa Plot, book one of Series Two. Amy is with Evan now, but you can see that Ian still likes Amy. He gets super jealous when he finds out that Amy now has a boyfriend, and he says the hilarious 'shoot to kill' line. Really from this book on, there's no MAJOR Amian (they don't kiss again or anything), but it's more just a collection of little moments that show that they still care. Ian is jealous 24/7, and he never likes it when Amy has a boyfriend, whether it's Evan or, later on, Jake.

That really is series two in a nutshell. Amy dates somebody (THAT IS CLEARLY WRONG FOR HER), Ian is jealous and the arrogance comes back as a defense. Repeat 10x.

Then, in Day of Doom, Evan and Natalie die. See, this is where I really think that Ian and Amy should have come together. They both just lost someone special to them, and it's not the first time. They've been losing people all of their lives. That's why I think Amian is perfect. They understand what the other is going through, because they've both gone through it. Non-Cahills just can't understand.

And aside from Natalie, Amy is the only person that Ian ever shows that he cares about. Of course, in *gag* Flashpoint, he liked Cara, but it never was extremely sentimental or mushy.

Open Series Three. Amy seems to be experiencing PTSD and anxiety, and is terrified of losing more people that she loves, so she tries to completely cut everyone off. (I've just got to cut in and say, I was REALLY annoyed with Amy in series three.) Nellie refuses to let her, however, and sends Ian to Bhaile Anois to help. Oh. My. Goodness. I love these few chapters when it was just Amy, Dan, and Ian. You can see just how much Ian has changed since Natalie died, and there are some ADORABLE Amian moments. The moment when they were making up the bed, the moment when they were studying the book outside. I loved it. Then Jake came and just had to ruin everything. -_- Haha, I just LOVED Ian making fun of Jake from the moment he arrived. That was the best.

In Breakaway, I also loved the Amy/Ian moment on the plane. That was so cute! He was trying to help her, to get her to get away, even if it was just for an hour or so. And then she started to cut him off again, and WHO came over? That's right. Jake. UGH.

There wasn't a ton of Amian in Countdown, although you could see how worried he was that Amy could die. That part was cute :)

Then, we have Flashpoint. The death of my soul.

I'm just not okay with Carian. At. All. I don't trust Cara, period. I'm just HOPING, HOPING, HOPING that the authors will FINALLY give us Amian in this last series. Pleeeeeease??? I'm begging, authors. Please. Just give us our ship, after who-even-KNOWS how many years we've waited.

So, yeah. That's basically my thoughts on Amian, wrapped up into this post. Knowing me, I've forgotten some huge point, and I'll come back later with another 2 million word rant or something.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on Amian? I know that not everyone loves it like I do, and I'm pretty curious to hear some other opinions. What do you think? Comment below! And have a Happy Amian Day  Valentine's Day! ;)

16 comments:

  1. Frankly, I don't know what you see in him -Ian
    *Amy about ready to kill him*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure (;
      Whether they were jealous of each other or just plain hated each other, they're hilarious together. (Ian and Jake)

      Delete
    2. They really are. It's the funniest relationship!

      Delete
    3. See if Jake died then there'd be no one to fight with Ian! You don't really want him to die, do you (:?

      Delete
    4. *debates* no! I suppose not. I don't like him with Amy though.

      Delete
    5. Oh wow I forgot I left comments on this page. If Jake comes back in Doublecross how do you think they'll get along? Jake probably will go to Amy instead of Ian for instructions, and that'll make Ian really mad, but do you think they'll still be jealous of each other?

      Delete
    6. Oh gosh. That....that won't go well. Probably. I don't think they'll ever really get along.

      Delete
    7. I know… Amy will forever be standing in between them so they don't kill each other.

      Delete
    8. Haha, she really will. If Amy ever dies...WWIII will break out

      Delete
    9. Thats so sad to think that if Amy dies the only thing that'll change is Ian and Jake will hate each other more. Amy bugged lots of people in series 3, and a few people were like "OMG I hate her guts!" but I get what her deal was and she's still one of my favorites

      Delete
    10. Yeah, she annoyed me a LOT, but at the same time I totally understood why she did what she did.

      Delete
    11. After Breakaway I wanted to stab her with a fork, but after not mourning Evan AT ALL (or even seeming effected by it) in DoD, I thought it was fitting for her to do *Sniffle* what she did.

      Delete
    12. True. I thought it was very fitting. I think it's one of those things where it's easy to say what she did wrong, but if we were in her position, we'd act similarly.

      Delete
    13. Yeah, some people don't seem to get that ):

      Delete
  2. Yes it's 2020 and yes I still Love The 39 Clues and Amian is still my favorite shipp. I am brazilian so the third and fourth series didn't arrive here(and probably no one Will translate), but I love your blog Anyway.

    ReplyDelete