Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Doublecross Book One!!

Guys guys guys guys GUYS!!!!!!!!! AGH!!! Guess what was released on the 39 Clues website??? The new Doublecross book!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jude Watson posted the cover, along with this-
Who's excited????? Oh my goodness, I'm so excited!!! There are going to be four books in the series, with the last three being by...dum da dum dum.....new authors. I have to say, I'm not quite thrilled. I don't really like the idea of new authors coming in. The books could really go either way. I typically like Jude Watson's work, however, so I'm happy that she is heading off the series. 
So, once my fangirling *slightly* wore off I got to analyzing Jude's explanation a bit better. I already have some other theories based off of something that someone else posted that I'll explain later. However, here are some of my thoughts.
So, The Outcast. This article says that it's a He. So, do we know for a fact that the villain is male? If so, is he the only villain? It also says, 'what famous Cahill villain from the past turns out to have an even deadlier brother?" Now, when I think 'famous Cahill villain', who comes to mind? Isabel, of course. So, does that mean that Isabel has a brother, and he is the new villain? 
Amy taking orders from Ian. How will that go over? I'm praying that it goes well, but I'm a bit nervous. Amy isn't exactly known for her ability to be submissive. I just hope that they don't end up fighting over this.
The series symbol. In the past, we've had blue, red, green, and now yellow, each branch color. First series was blue, the Tomas color. In first series, everyone was fighting, much like a Tomas. Second series was red, for Lucian. Vesper One was a lot like a Lucian- ruthless and cunning. Then we have green, Janus. Pierce was very charismatic and about the process- just like a Janus. Which leaves yellow, or Ekat. So, we have an Ekat villain this series? Think back to Ekats we've experienced. My first thought goes to Bae Oh, but I kind of think he's a bit too old to be so deadly. Next we have the Starlings. They weren't featured in series three- perhaps they were off working on some experimental surgeries to cure Ned and Ted, and now they're back for the kill? They're definitely capable. Last, but not least, we have Cara. Coincidentally, she IS an Ekat, and she was just recently brought in. It would be easy for her to have been manipulating everyone, including Ian, the entire time. I may or may not be hoping for this option....
Last- "What may be worst of all is the Doublecross that the Cahill kids face". My thought process goes to one of three people. First off, Sammy Mourad. I am PRAYING that it's not him, because that would crush poor Nellie, but I just can't cross him off. Next, we have Cara. In my opinion, she is the most likely suspect. Since she was recently brought in, she could be here just to manipulate the Cahills. While this would kill Ian, that's what I'm hoping. It would open the door for Amian!!! Last, but not least, is the most controversial option.
Jake.
Please don't kill me, but it's a thought. He's not a Cahill, and I just don't trust non-Cahills. It also said that the Doublecross might be the worst thing of all. What would be worse to Amy than her seemingly loyal boyfriend betraying her? I can't help but hope for this. I. Don't. Like. Jake. Thus, I'm hoping that he turns out to be evil. 
What are your thoughts/theories on this? I will probably post a LOT more on this, as I have until March to obsess over it. I need some people to talk to! Please, comment!! I really want some more theories!!!! :) <3
~Grace Anne


7 comments:

  1. I think person is unknown because it did say a long time ago

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. My bet is probably on Grace's ex-husband, Nathaniel. After all, he hasn't been in the books. Plus, Grace made him an Outcast, and supposedly killed him. But what if he's not really dead..? Thanks for commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't let Jake be the villain I couldn't handle that… :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a crazy plot twist...

      Delete
    2. A horrible plot twist that would leave me destroying DoD… oh wait I already want to do that.

      Delete
  4. I totally think its Nathaniel. I mean he knew awhere all of Graces knick knacks were and he obvioisly knew her really well.

    ReplyDelete