Monday, August 3, 2015

Mission Hindenburg Review- No Spoilers!!


Okay. *deep breath in* I can do this. 

Hello! First off, I'd like to thank you all for putting up with my constant posting these past several days. If you haven't read the book yet, I'm super sorry for posting so many spoiler-filled posts! I'd like to make it up to you though, with a completely spoiler-free post, for everyone who HASN'T read the book yet! 

Agh.....this book. It was....interesting. I'm going to be completely honest with you all- it wasn't my favorite book. There were good parts, of course, but overall it's not a book that I'm going to look back on and say, "oh, I loved that one!" Or even really liked it all that much.  I feel like at this point in the series, bringing in a bunch of new authors just wasn't the best move. C. Alexander London did several things in this book that I personally didn't agree with, and I didn't feel like they were necessary. There was also a GIGANTIC plot hole that is seriously bothering me. In a way, this book kind of reminded me of Day of Doom. Not from a death aspect, but just how some of the characters changed or did things that were OOC.  There were several moments in the book that were emotional/romantic, and I didn't think that they were as well written as they could have been. 

When Mission Titanic came out, I was super nervous to read it, but I was very pleasantly surprised by how well-written it was, and how great of a job that Jude Watson did. This time, however, I was disappointed. I was nervous, but... I was kind of expecting more out of it. 

Now, that's not to say that I totally hated the book. There were some parts in it that were super interesting, and some parts made me laugh out loud! Oftentimes though, I would be extremely annoyed because *finally*, there would be a section that I was really interested in, and London just cut it off and didn't fully explain it. That was really frustrating.

There is a section at the beginning of the book that is definitely going to cause a controversy. I really don't think that it was something that needed to be included. Younger kids read these books, and it's not something that I would want my little sister reading. Honestly, it was just extremely unnecessary. 

Also, I'm pretty sure he was trying to cut my heart out. Just saying. I won't go into that since this is a spoiler-free post, but....agh. Not happy. 

So, overall, this really wasn't one of the best 39 Clues books. I wish that I could write a more positive review of it, but I just can't. I'd love to hear some of your thoughts on this book though, so let me know in the comments below!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What did you think of Mission Hindenburg?








No comments:

Post a Comment